Website Revchem Composites
Composites Solutions... Delivered Daily
Job Title: Truck Driver
FLSA Status: Hourly
Reports To: Warehouse Manager
Summary: This job involves driving, delivery, pick-up, service, reporting, safety, maintenance, and other duties as assigned by management. The truck driver will maintain a positive attitude that promotes team work within the company and a favorable image.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Operate and drive different kinds of trucks to transport goods and materials
- Plan trip logistics and obtained necessary documents to transport goods
- Load and unload cargo
- Check product with customer against packing list for accuracy, damage of material or discrepancies
- Ensure cargo is secured properly and is compliant with safety requirements
- Follow safety procedures for transporting hazardous goods
- Perform pre-trip, in-route and post-trip inspection of vehicle including truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel expenditure
- Maintain Driver Log, DVIR’s, IFTA and Trip Sheet logs according to state and federal regulations
- Maintain open communication with supervisor and co-workers
- Report any incidents to supervisor
- Follow all appropriate traffic laws
- Report mechanical problems to the supervisor
- Keep truck and associated equipment tidy and in good working order
- May perform warehouse duties if necessary
- Customer Service-Responds positively to customer’s needs and manages difficult or emotional customer situations with grace.
- Problem Solving-Identifies and solves problems in a timely manner.
- Interpersonal Skills-Maintains confidentiality focuses on solving problems; not blaming others, keeps emotions under control.
- Ethics-Treats others with respect at all times, works with integrity, and keeps commitments.
- Professionalism-Accepts responsibility for own actions, represents the company in a positive manner at all times, approaches people in a tactful manner.
- Dependability-Always gets the job done and on time.
- Reasoning Ability-Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, Endorsements:
- Valid Class B Driver’s License
- Clean DMV Record
- Current Medical Card
- Hazardous Material Endorsement
- Tanker Endorsement
High School Graduate with at least 2 years of driving experience.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is routinely required to: sit, walk, talk, hear, stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, stretch and use hands to; finger, handle, and feel. Employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. The vision requirements include: close visions, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. This position also requires the ability to work under deadlines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions which includes; heat, humidity, cold, and wet. The employee is occasionally exposed to; fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing he essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job requires travel 95% of each work day.
Time and Attendance:
This position requires punctuality and consistent attendance.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com