Website Revchem Composites
Composites Solutions... Delivered Daily
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Operate and drive different kinds of trucks to transport goods and materials
- Plan trip logistics and obtained necessary documents to transport goods
- Load and unload cargo
- Check product with the customer against packing list for accuracy, damage of material or discrepancies
- Ensure cargo is secured properly and is compliant with safety requirements
- Follow safety procedures for transporting hazardous goods
- Perform pre-trip, in-route, and post-trip inspection of the vehicle including truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance traveled and fuel expenditure
- Maintain Driver Log, DVIR’s, IFTA, and Trip Sheet logs according to state and federal regulations
- Maintain open communication with supervisor and co-workers
- Report any incidents to the supervisor
- Follow all appropriate traffic laws
- Report mechanical problems to the supervisor
- Keep the truck and associated equipment tidy and in good working order
- May perform warehouse duties if necessary
- Customer Service-Responds positively to customer’s needs and manages difficult or emotional customer situations with grace.
- Problem Solving-Identifies and solves problems in a timely manner.
- Interpersonal Skills-Maintains confidentiality focuses on solving problems; not blaming others, keeps emotions under control.
- Ethics-Treats others with respect at all times and works with integrity, and keeps commitments.
- Professionalism-Accepts responsibility for own actions represents the company in a positive manner at all times, approaches people in a tactful manner.
- Dependability-Always gets the job done and on time.
- Reasoning Ability-Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, Endorsements:
- Valid California Class A Driver’s License
- Clean DMV Record
- Current Medical Card
- Hazardous Material Endorsement
- ü Tanker Endorsement
High School Graduate with at least 2 years of driving experience.