Website Revchem Composites
Composite Solutions... Delivered Daily
Manages the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Accounting/Finance, Operations. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include the following:
- Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks across all departments
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, payroll, perpetual inventory integrity, fixed asset records, general & entity accounting, cost accounting.
- Develop and maintain the Company’s accounting policies, procedures and related documentation to include strong internal controls and ensure compliance with relevant accounting standards.
- Develop, improve and issue timely monthly financial records for the CEO, President and CFO.
- Assure financial plans are consistent with organizational goals
- Provide financial analysis tools to evaluate company ventures or special projects, programs, capital expenditures, products costing, etc. when necessary
- Assure that assets are not awkwardly encumbered with personal guarantees or unrealistic commitments
- Work closely with Senior Management in the development and economic evaluation of various fringe benefit programs for employees and related sister companies.
- Interface with outside CPAs, banks and lessors, casualty/liability insurance agent(s), credit card companies, and collection agencies
- Provide a visionary and leadership implementation role on behalf of Finance/Accounting to all departments, creating a well-respected and sought after department goal
- Report to the CFO in writing and verbally
- Maintaining regulatory compliance with Federal, State and local authorities such as income taxes, payroll taxes, sales taxes, property taxes, fuel taxes and local tax requirements.
- Perform monthly analysis of Actual vs Forecast / Budget for Profit & Loss, Inventory, Free Cash Flow
- Research and explain all financial variances.
- Leading month-end closing: prepare Journal Entries, validate reconciliation.
- Lead, in conjunction with Department Managers, budget preparation, forecast (short term / long term)
- Review reports to analyze projections of sales and profit against actual figures, budgeted expense and make recommendation for financial performance improvement
- Make recommendation to improve the planning process as appropriate.
- Estimates requirements for capital expenses.
- Supports special projects as requested and perform ad hoc product/plant cost analysis to support the operations.
- Customarily and regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment.
- Other duties as assigned
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries and complaints. Effective and persuasive presentation skills on controversial or complex topics to top management.
Must be able to calculate figures and amounts for all bookkeeping, payroll, budgets, statistical analysis and probability statements. Controller must use the utmost discretion in all presentations/correspondence and communication for staff, Board of Directors and Executive Director.
Job Type: Full-time
Qualities of a successful person in this position:
- Ability to analyze situations accurately and take effective action
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Trustworthy; strong personal integrity; emotional maturity
- Demonstrates high level of accountability and ownership
- Executes tasks with discipline and urgency
- Organized with strong attention to detail and time management skills
- High degree of initiative; self-starter
- Complete assignments independently or with minimal supervision
- Work productively and effectively when faced with time pressures, disruptions, or multiple responsibilities
- Ability of completing multiple project assignments
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Relevant industry: 5 years
- Accounting: 5 years
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Bloomington, CA
- Paid Time Off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401k Plan
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous