Revchem Composites, Inc.
Composite Solutions... Delivered Daily
CONTROLLER JOB DESCRIPTION
REPORTS TO: CFO & General Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Exempt/Full Time
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers and attention to detail. The position requires accuracy, efficiency, sound judgment, solid knowledge of accounting procedures, effective verbal and written collections skills, and strong clerical and computer skills. This position requires cooperative and effective interaction with customers/vendors and staff from other departments, including Customer Service, Sales, and Shipping.
Candidates must have experience in a Distribution and/or Manufacturing environment and 5 to 10 years of experience as a Controller.
Manages the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Accounting/Finance, Operations, & Credit/Collection Departments. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include the followings:
- Safeguard assets and ensure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls, and checks across all departments.
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, payroll, perpetual inventory integrity, fixed asset records, general & entity accounting, and cost accounting.
- Develop and maintain the Company’s accounting policies, procedures, and related documentation to include strong internal controls and ensure compliance with relevant accounting standards.
- Develop, improve, and issue timely monthly financial records for the CFO.
- Assure financial plans are consistent with organizational goals
- Provide financial analysis tools to evaluate company ventures or special projects, programs, capital expenditures, product costing, etc., when necessary
- Assure that assets are not awkwardly encumbered with personal guarantees or unrealistic commitments
- Work closely with Senior Management in developing and economically evaluating various fringe benefit programs for employees and related sister companies.
- Interface with outside CPAs, banks and lessors, casualty/liability insurance agent(s), credit card companies, and collection agencies
- Provide a visionary and leadership implementation role to all departments on behalf of Finance/Accounting, creating a well-respected and sought-after department goal.
- Report to the CFO when necessary in writing and verbally
- Maintaining regulatory compliance with Federal, State, and local authorities such as income taxes, payroll taxes, sales taxes, property taxes, fuel taxes, and local tax requirements.
- Perform monthly analysis of Actual vs. Forecast / Budget for Profit & Loss, Inventory, Free Cash Flow.
- Research and explain variances.
- Leading month-end closing: Prepare Journal Entries, and validate reconciliation.
- Lead, in conjunction with Department Managers in budget preparation, forecast (short term / long term)
- Reviews reports to analyze projections of sales and profit against actual figures, budgeted expense, and make a recommendation for financial performance improvement
- Make recommendations to improve the planning process as appropriate.
- Estimates requirements for capital expenses.
- Supports special projects as requested and performs ad hoc product/plant cost analysis to support the operations.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries and complaints—effective and persuasive presentation skills on controversial or complex topics to top management.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Financing
This job supervises the Accounting Department.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. Lifting up to 20 lbs. Constant bending, sitting, stooping, reaching, typing, and other office-related work. This role also works routinely in the store/warehouse area.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In accordance with California’s labor code, the expected salary range for this position is between$120,000 and $150,000 annually. A new hire’s actual pay will be determined based on experience, skillset, geographic location, and other job-related factors.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org